Softabar Command Line Program (CLP) is an open source platform to build command line applications. As a platform, CLP provides the basic functionality to build your own command line programs. Download latest version.
Softabar Command Line Program has following features that help you to build your own command line applications.
- Eclipse-based. CLP is built on Eclipse framework. CLP itself is an Eclipse RCP application.
- Platform is extensible by commands and options. These extensions make up your own command line programs. See User/Developer Guide.
- Source code included in platform and add-on commands.
- Standard Eclipse-plugins development model of commands and options.
- Code example of a command.
- Install/uninstall/update of your commands and options (extensions, CLP add-ons, your programs) is built into platform.
- Install/update extensions from local directory or from web.
- Command line parsing based on and Apache Commons CLI. (full Command line grammar)
- Help-command is built-in.
- Logging service for use by extensions as well as a few Apache Commons libraries for use by extensions.
- Dual license: GPLv3 (with additional permission for Eclipse framework) and Softabar Command Line Program License (liberal license for commercial and other use).
- All extension commands provided by Softabar are also covered by dual license.
- Eclipse Marketplace page.
- Add-on commands by Softabar:
Softabar Command Line Program enables you to concentrate on actual command line program functionality instead of developing parsing, help and other necessary functionality. Save time and speed up command line program development by having a standard platform. Built-in install/update/uninstall -functionality is a huge benefit and dual-licensing gives you freedom to use Softabar Command Line Program in all your needs, open-source and commercial.
User/Developer Guide includes information of how to use CLP and how to develop your own add-on commands.